Joplin Schools Curriculum
Joplin Schools promotes student success through a challenging and well-rounded curriculum delivered by dedicated and highly trained teachers.
- Impressive technology integration programs. Effective technology integration is a primary focus for Joplin Schools. A leader in technology initiatives, the district offers Internet-connected labs in every school building, a 2-to-1 student to computer ratio, wireless student and staff services, laptops and other mobile devices, a state-of-the-art student-run television station, interactive videoconference field trips, online parent communication tools and other proven technology integration strategies.
- Gifted Education program for students in 2nd through 8th grade.
- An impressive and comprehensive selection of Advanced Placement (AP) and College Dual Credit courses for Joplin High School students. Courses such as Calculus, Physics, Biology, Literature and US Government span the four core disciplines while advanced courses in fine arts, computer studies and foreign language offer students the opportunity to challenge themselves in rigorous elective courses.
- An array of vocational education courses such as Automotive Technology, Culinary Arts, Welding, Computer Networking, Nursing Options and Landscaping offered at Franklin Technology Center.
- All-day kindergarten, which provides expanded early literacy opportunities for Joplin kindergartners.
- Early Childhood Services. Our Parents as Teachers and Early Childhood Preschool programs help get our youngest students’ educational journeys started on the right foot.
- Special education programs for students with special needs.
- A strong summer school program that offers remedial and enrichment programs that expand student learning opportunities. We also offer Jumpstart, a summer school program designed for students entering kindergarten.
- A variety of support services that offer intervention for students at all grade levels. Early literacy, corrective reading, transition programs and more help our students succeed and reach graduation.